"Start Again"



While reading along in Joel Osteen's book It's Your Time, I came across his retelling of a story from the Old Testament book of Nehemiah...I'm sure you've read it...it's such a commonly told tale...well, perhaps not.


For me, it's a familiar story...one of the people working to rebuild broken down walls, and overcoming adversity in the process...the part of the story that Joel mentions, and that I found so encouraging, is this quote:


"...after ten years had passed, a prophet by the name of Zechariah came by. He said 'Zerubbabel, God sent me all this way to give you two words: Start Again."


I love the larger message here, and I love the fact that this encouragement can apply to our situation at any moment, on any given day...regardless of our circumstances, our challenges, losses, failures, or disappointments. We...I...you...can always start again.


This is an unusually short blog for me, but hopefully, it will be long on encouragement for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...