Confidence



God will not let us stumble -

He is a Guardian who never falls asleep.

He is a God who never dozes off.

God is alert, watchful, always present. Psalm 121


If there was a person in my life who I loved and trusted,

a person who spent every hour of every day and night...

watching out for me, caring how I do...

protecting me from the heat of the day

and the dark of the night... this would be a source of great confidence!


Why? Because confidence is rooted in this kind of fiercely protective love...

it is found in the passion that wants to be present, wherever I am...

only because I am valued...cherished...treasured.

Confidence comes from being the object of deep and personal love.

Nothing can undermine the confidence of a person who knows
he or she is deeply loved and cherished.

God loves us...in just this kind of personal and passionate way.


"If I have freedom in my love


and in my soul am free,


Angels alone, that soar above


enjoy such liberty."


Althea, by Richard Lovelace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...