The Climb



As we walk along the path of life, there are times when it seems we're running downhill with the wind at our back...and other times, life can feel like a long and winding staircase...an uphill climb, so to speak. In my life, I find that when life feels like an the uphill climb with the wind in my face, it is often a reflection of circumstances that frustrate or sadden me...stealing my momentum. The question is, how can I get my momentum back when life throws a curve?









While reading a devotional today, I came across a passage that was helpful to me...helpful for perspective, particularly on the days when I face the staircase and momentum is in short supply...the passage talks about living one day at a time. In itself, the idea of living one day at a time is solid counsel...worthy of taking to heart. Beyond that, the author talked about something even more meaningful to me, because it spoke to the role that God plays in our lives, and how his involvement weaves together with the idea of living one day at a time:


I use "One Day at a Time" to bring myself back into the moment, which is the only place that God can really help me anyway.



When stuff happens and life begins to feel like a steep climb, it's easy to get winded...to tire and want to give up. The good news, for those of us who need help (and we all need help sometime), is that the present moment is the place where God lives, and where he can help is right here...right now. God himself said that his name is "I AM"...not "I was," or "I will be", but "I AM."


The past is gone...the future unknown...but here and now...as we stand looking up the staircase...he is present with us, and he can help. So...stay in the moment with him...and keep climbing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...