Why not?



Why not make 2011 your best year ever?

Why not do everything you can do? See everything you can see? Love everyone you can love?

Why not enjoy yourself? Why not choose happiness instead of sadness?

Why not choose to be healthy and active, instead of sitting around on the couch eating potato chips and ice cream?

Why not?

Is there another year that would be a better time to start over? Is there another week that would be better to change your attitude? Is there another day, another hour, another moment that would be a better time to turn things around?

I am saying this to myself...right this minute...today. I'm not saying it to myself because I feel particularly motivated, or "in the mood" for change...on the contrary, I have a bad headache and am in a kind of new year's funk...

So...why not? Why not me? Why not you? Why not live a great life...starting right now?

In the scripture, there's a verse that is known and loved by adherents of both Judaism and Christianity:

"I have called heaven and earth as a witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, both you and your children."

Sometimes life feels like it's happening to me, and that there's nothing much I can do about it...but somewhere deep inside, I know that I have choices...I know that the life I live is very much about what I choose....and the life you will live is very much about what you choose....

So...why not choose the good...the beautiful...the joyful and the exciting...? Why not...choose life?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...