Calming the chaos in our hearts...


One of the reasons that I enjoy writing so much is the power of words to physically calm me, to reorder my thoughts and feelings, and open my eyes to entirely new perspectives on life and circumstance.


This morning I read Proverbs 2, and this passage was meaningful to me:


Wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.


As I read this, I can almost visualize wisdom entering my heart and bringing a sense of calm and order to the chaos. Perhaps I'm unique in this respect, but the inner spaces of my heart can sometimes feel pretty chaotic, and the quiet order of wisdom brings with it a sense of great calm and comfort. On this first Saturday morning in October, I write these words while sitting outside...listening to birds sing and squirrels run through the trees...there is nothing quite like the beauty of God's creation to calm the spirit.


I pray that today, wisdom will enter our hearts and calm whatever is in chaos, and that the knowledge of God's love and goodness will be pleasant to our souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...