What a difference a day makes...




24 little hours in a day.

There have been times when I struggled with what to say in a daily blog, and there have been days when I had nothing to say...or nothing to say that was suitable for public viewing...but I can honestly say that I've never dreaded writing a blog like I have this evening...

The day started out well enough, and I enjoyed a nice lunch with a friend I haven't seen in several months...it was all good. And I had journaled this morning on Proverbs 11, and a few items that I thought worth sharing here.

And then I ran an errand for my Dad. I had to go to the nursing home where my Mom spent the better part of 3 months this past spring and summer, and it was awful. The errand was simple enough...get a one-page summary of my Mom's stay there...admission date and discharge date, on a piece of their letterhead. For reasons that elude me, I waited 1 hour and 10 minutes for the woman to figure out how to get this information together and print it on a sheet of letterhead...

While I sat haplessly in the lobby, I was overwhelmed with sadness...I cried like I haven't cried since the week Mom died, and felt such a sense of disappointment and loss about how her life ended, and the fact that I couldn't do more to help her at the end. I feel like I lost my Mom in that place, even though she didn't physically die there, and I have not felt that loss more deeply than I did today. I hope to never set foot on their property again.

Proverbs 11 spoke to me today about kindness...reminding me again of how important it is to be kind...to everyone, everywhere...and to be generous.

So be kind to people, especially to the people in your life that are difficult to be kind to...and be generous, with your money, your time, and with your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...