If today was your last day...

Have you heard this song by Nickleback? It's a good song...catchy tune, good "hook", as they say in the business...and lyrics that are meaningful. The song is about living in the moment, and forgetting what is past...something that I honestly don't do very well, as much as I might want to, or try. Here are some of the words:

My best friend gave me the best advice.
He said each day's a gift and not a given right.
Leave no stone unturned...leave your fears behind, and try to take the path less traveled.
That first step you take is the longest stride. If today was your last day, tomorrow was too late, could you say good-bye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last, leave old pictures in the past, donate every dime you had?
If today was your last day....tomorrow was too late, could you say good-bye to yesterday?

I wonder if I would hold onto life itself with the same tenacity that I have held onto a lost relationship...? The energy it requires to generate a force of will to let go is enormous. As the song says, that first step is the longest stride...

They say that the longest journey begins with a single step...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...