Amy takes a turn at the wheel...

Due to popular demand, I am turning over my blog this morning to my most faithful friend...Amy Jo. Amy is a mix of cocker spaniel and pomeranian, 7 years old (we are the exact same age in human years), and weighs 16 lbs. She is...if I might say so, the best dog in the world. I searched the world over for someone who was breeding cockers and pomeranians, and had her expected birthdate marked on my calendar, months before she was born. I picked up Amy and her only sibling (a male) when they were 6 weeks old, having waited 4 months for them to be born. Amy is, in every possible way, my dog.

So....with that as introduction, let's see what Amy has to say about life in the big city...

Hi...I'm Amy. I was born in south Dallas, and have one brother...his name is Boots...kind of a goofy name, if you ask me. I wanted to name him Tanner, because his fur is tan. I was just a baby then, so no one asked me my opinion. When Mom picked us up, she had planned to keep Boots, because she wanted a dog with tan fur, and obviously, I'm totally black. After a couple of days though, she knew that we should be together, so she gave Boots to her parents...Grandmother and Grandaddy. I used to go see them alot, and Boots and I would hang out in the backyard, and chase squirrels and stuff. Lately, I haven't been up there because Grandmother has been sick. I've lived in alot of different places for someone so young. We have moved 3 times since I came home, but I think I like our house right now the best of all of them. We have big trees in the backyard, and squirrels are everywhere. I love to chase squirrels...one time, I caught one, and I think it tried to bite me...scared the bejeezus out of me. I yelped like a skinned cat. We also have a deck, and it's pretty scary under there...very dark...and I think there might be snakes. I only went under there one time, and it kind of freaked Mom out, so I don't do that anymore.

My philosophy of life is to be happy, eat lots of treats, and get lots of affection. I like to have my tummy rubbed (who doesn't??), and I love to lay on top of lots of pillows. It's raining alot this week, and last night there was some very loud thunder...I don't like thunder...scares me. Even though I'm a pretty happy camper most of the time, I'm pretty skittish, and I don't like loud noises or conflict. I prefer to keep things perky and peaceful, whenever possible. Mom bought me new treats this week, so that was exciting...we had been out for awhile, and I was really starting to have treat withdrawal...not a pretty site...Mom calls my favorite treat, "crack," and maybe that's why the withdrawal is so bad...anyway, I've got a fix now, and life is good.

Stop by and see us anytime. I love having people over, and we'll give you something to eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...