Up to your waist...and it's still raining...


I like this picture...when I first saw it, I thought the person was looking through binoculars, but then realized that it's a camera...


For my purposes, it would have been better if it was binoculars, because it spoke to the idea of standing in waist deep water, rain pouring down...but still looking for something...for answers. On first impression, it said something to me about not giving up...and it also depicts the feeling I currently have of standing in deep water. I had lunch with a friend today, and I realized again that I'm fortunate to have good people who will stick with me during this dark period in my life. If I was the photographer in the picture above, it would make complete sense to me that I'd be standing in the rain, taking pictures of rain...because all I can see at the moment is rain. I do not see a rainbow, but I've seen them in the past, so I know that they exist...and I guess I'll see one again someday. I remember the last rainbow I saw...it was pretty spectacular, as rainbows go...a double rainbow. We stopped to take pictures with our cellphone cameras, but of course, cellphone cameras cannot do justice to a spectacular rainbow...still, I remember the moment, and the childlike wonder of sharing, and trying to capture the moment.
I'd love to experience childlike wonder again...to know what it is to completely trust someone, and be safe...I'd like to believe there is another rainbow beyond the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...