I've decided to climb a mountain...


What else have I got to do with my time? Seriously, I've recently joined an online community called Spark People (http://www.sparkpeople.com/), which is a group committed to encouraging healthy lifestyles, and have been inspired to embark on a virtual journey to climb Mt. Kilamanjaro. My goal is to climb the mountain virtually in the next 3 weeks, and to someday climb the real mountain as well.


I joined Spark People last week, and though these folks didn't know me at all, I received a tremendous amount of encouragement and support during the days I was sitting with my Mom. I am a Sparker for life, I'll tell ya!


If you're so inclined, join me on the virtual climb...I'm using a treadmill, and today I climbed 1,122 feet on my journey toward the summit: 19,298 feet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...