To everything there is a season...


...and a purpose for everything under heaven. On Monday afternoon, the temperature gauge on the limousine read 112 degrees. This morning, as I drove to work, the temperature gauge on my car dashboard read 72 degrees...with a light rain falling.


Fall is coming, and I'm amazed at how quickly the seasons can turn. I am not unrealistic about this change, because I live in Texas, and the heat will most certainly make a comeback before fall arrives...nevertheless, today's light breeze, rain and cooler temperature is a bellweather of the changing season. I love fall...it has always been my favorite season...the beginning of school, football, fall clothing....all of it...I love. For some reason, fall has always seemed like more of a beginning than an ending, probably because of the school calendar. Even more than January, I see September as a month of fresh starts.


I am also reminded of the fact that my life is cycling through the seasons, and I am transitioning from the summer to the fall of my earthly life. One of my spiritual mentors taught recently about the fact that we need to be sure we are properly prepared for the seasons of our life....physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It does us no good to show up for winter, dressed in summer clothes!


For me, it is the season to begin anew...to take the baton from my Mom's elegant hand, and run the race that is set before me.


What season are you in today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...