After the rain...


Yesterday I took a picture of a house under construction, and the backdrop to the photo was a bright blue sky with puffy white clouds...today...thunderstorms.


It speaks to how quickly things can change...seasons can change, circumstances change...and when change comes, we must also change...if nothing else, we must change the set of our sail so that our boat continues to go in the direction we desire.


I can't help but ponder the subject of perspective, and how our perspective changes everything about how we "do life" each day. To be honest, rain tends to bum me out...even though I'm grateful for it, and especially for the fact that I don't have to water the yard! So today, when I got up and it was pouring rain, it put a bit of a damper on my mood.


I have a lot of work to get done today, quiet work...somewhere between contemplative and tedious in nature...so, I brought my little sand garden with candles to my office, turned on the CD player with very relaxing piano music playing, and set about the task of plodding through this work. It's a good day! A rainy day...suitable for contemplation and paperwork!


And after just a little while, the sun will come back, and all will be bright again. Maybe the cycle from sunny to rainshowers is a metaphor for your life today. If so, light some candles, put on some music that soothes your soul, and ease into the rain. The sun will be back again, very soon...I'm sure of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...