The Law of Congruence


I have an admission to make...I have had a fantastic 2 weeks!


If you've read any of this blog, you already know that I've been mostly wallowing in misery for the past 3 months...first because of the end of a relationship, and second (maybe I shouldn't rank these two items, because one really is not more significant than the other)...because I knew that my Mom was dying. The risk of saying I've had a fantastic 2 weeks is that people will read this and think that I've minimized either of these very significant events in my life...which is absolutely not the case.


I had made some good progress on the adjustment process required of the end of a dating relationship, but had a pretty severe setback during the first week of August...if the old saying is true, "it's always darkest before the dawn...", then I would say the first week of August was one of the darkest times I've journeyed through in quite a long time.


Somewhere during that week, I made a decision that has proven to be enormously significant...life changing is probably not too extreme of a way to describe it. I made a decision to start listening to CDs and reading material that talked about the power of our thinking to change our life. I realize that some people look askance at such talk, but truly, I don't care...because I know where I was 4 weeks ago, and I know where I am tonight...and the difference is remarkable.


One blog could never do justice to the truths I've taken to heart in recent days...one of the most significant being "as a man thinketh, so is he..." A line taken from scripture, this one principle has the power to radically refashion how you and I see the world, our lives, and our future. In keeping with this truth is the law of congruence, which posits that we will, unavoidably and inevitably, behave in a manner that is congruent with our most deeply held beliefs.


I needed a drastic realigning of my thought process, in virtually every area of my life...and having committed to just that, I am seeing an astounding difference in myself these days. As Jim Rohn puts it, "If you will change, everything will change for you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...