It is a good day...


I went to lunch today, thinking that I was going to meet a friend who I haven't seen in many years. This friend is looking for a job, and was hoping for a networking opportunity...something came up, and he didn't make our meeting...so I had a chance to enjoy a nice lunch, run an errand, and get back to the office early.


Along the way, I realized what a good day it is today...a beautiful day...dangling on the cusp of fall, the heat has abated and cool air is lurking just over the northern horizon....but it isn't cool yet...still, even a simple errand to Wal-Mart felt a bit more enjoyable today, because the season is changing, and I love the change of seasons.


Wandering the aisles of Wal-Mart, I noticed that everyone seemed very friendly today, and I thought, "It's a good day..."
A good day for enjoying the weather...a good day for eating your lunch outside...a good day for running errands...a good day to enjoy your family...and then, a song came to my mind, a simple song...a chorus, really:


"It is a good day to give thanks unto the Lord."


Indeed, it is...a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplative Politics

Strip down, start running...and never quit!

If it's Saturday, then it's a "TO DO" List...